Creighton Manning provides a breadth of engineering services to support both freight and passenger rail. We understand the needs and demands of our clients:
Safety – The safe movement of people and goods is of paramount importance and the foundation upon which all of our projects are designed and completed.
Service – Railroads thrive by operating as efficiently as possible to serve their customers 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We develop designs and construction methods that will have minimal impact to railroad operations.
Responsiveness – Railroad maintenance and capital projects occur based on schedules that change as the railroad’s needs change. Unfortunately, this can include emergency situations. Our employees’ breadth of talent can accommodate this variability and respond on short notice.
Coordination – Railroad maintenance and capital projects can affect multiple parties including contractors, engineers, utilities, local communities and government agencies. We keep all parties informed at every stage to move a project through to completion with the least impact.
- Horizontal and Vertical Alignment Improvements
- Track Realignment
- Grade Crossing Coordination and Improvements
- Clearance Projects
- Access Road Design
- Bridge, Culvert and Retaining Wall Design and Rehabilitation
- Bridge, Culvert and Retaining Wall Detailed Inspection
- Bridge Load Ratings
- Hydrologic and Hydraulic Analysis
- Bridge Tie Dapping Plans
- Construction Sequencing
- Rail Station Site Design
- Design-Build Coordination
- Highway Detours and Work Permits
- Coordination with municipalities and state agencies
- Construction Inspection and Support
- Value Engineering
- Environmental Permitting
- Wetland Delineation and Mapping
- Intermodal Studies
“Please extend my sincerest thanks to those at Creighton Manning for their exemplary work in quickly attending to the temporary repairs in order to promptly resume traffic. The engineers at CM who worked through the night on site deserve huge thanks for their engagement and drive. Again, I sincerely appreciate all your efforts.”