Join the CM team…
Are you looking for a collaborative work environment where you can work on exciting and vital transportation projects that transform your community, where each person is valued and work-life balance is key? If so, come join our growing, multidisciplinary team of engineers based in the greater NY Capital Region and Lower Hudson Valley.
This is an exceptional opportunity for personal and career growth through exposure to a wide range of design projects, interaction with highly skilled and motivated colleagues, and team-based training.
With over 50 years of experience in NY’s Capital Region and adjacent areas, our team provides expertise in civil engineering, surveying, and construction inspection– serving public and private clients across 4 main markets: transportation, municipal, land development, and energy.
Come be part of a winning team that leads in excellence, has received 16 different industry awards and accolades for engineering work over the last 7 years across various NY counties, and has been chosen as a 2022 Best Place to Work by the Albany Business Review and a Top Workplace for 4 of the last 7 years by the Times Union, the top news organization in NY’s Capital Region.
Here’s what employees say about working at Creighton Manning:
Very solid company…understands the mix of life and work, and does not interfere with that. Mix of young and old within the company…lots of growth potential.
Flexible schedules –they care about keeping employees happy, even offering remote work 2 days a week.
Highly collaborative work environment, where you will work directly with (and learn from) Project Managers, which doesn’t happen at the biggest firms.
A lot of projects are once-in-a-career opportunities…many exciting career-defining projects…big bridge replacements and rotaries – projects that have real positive community impact.
The Company culture is great, everyone is looking out for each other.
Comprehensive, People-Centered Benefits for Total Wellness:
- Excellent, competitive pay based on experience and qualifications
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage options
- Discretionary annual employee bonus
- 401K Plan
- Generous PTO
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Paid professional licensing fees
- Paid membership fees in professional organizations
About This Position:
Construction Inspector I should be able to follow technical instructions and learn typical construction inspection methods from more experienced construction inspectors. Work on small projects or portions of larger projects as part of the inspection team. Typical projects include highway, roundabout, traffic signal and bridge
Essential Job Functions:
- Locate points on the worksite based on information on project drawings
- Identify basic construction operations and be able to locate the correlating information in the standards, specifications and plans
- Perform basic math computations (areas and volumes of simple shapes, multiplication, addition and subtraction of various measurements)
- Accurately measure and compare measured values with plans
- Identify common tools and equipment used for inspection, testing and measuring
- Properly identify and use personal protective equipment (PPE) while on the construction site
- Identify work zone traffic control components
- Prepare accurate and understandable reports of operations
Field experience and successful completion of NICET Level I testing and requirements.
Per NYSDOT policy the following will also be considered as holding a NICET Level I (equivalent):
• Previous employment by NYSDOT as a title ET.
• Completion of one year in a program leading to an associate degree in Civil Engineering/Civil Engineering Technology from an ABET/EAC accredited program or an approved equivalent, must include eight (8) credit hours in Math and eleven (11) credit hours in Civil Technology.
A minimum of six (6) months of direct involvement in highway construction inspection or a closely related field or working to obtain a NICET Level I certification or approved equivalent.
Salary Range: $25.00-$34.50
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Creighton Manning will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, relationship or association with a member of a protected category, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.