Join the CM team…
Are you looking for a collaborative work environment where you can work on exciting and vital transportation projects that transform your community, where each person is valued and work-life balance is key? If so, come join our growing, multidisciplinary team of engineers based in the greater NY Capital Region and Lower Hudson Valley.
This is an exceptional opportunity for personal and career growth through exposure to a wide range of design projects, interaction with highly skilled and motivated colleagues, and team-based training.
With over 50 years of experience in NY’s Capital Region and adjacent areas, our team provides expertise in civil engineering, surveying, and construction inspection– serving public and private clients across 4 main markets: transportation, municipal, land development, and energy.
Come be part of a winning team that leads in excellence, has received 16 different industry awards and accolades for engineering work over the last 7 years across various NY counties, and has been chosen as a 2022 Best Place to Work by the Albany Business Review and a Top Workplace for 4 of the last 7 years by the Times Union, the top news organization in NY’s Capital Region.
Here’s what employees say about working at Creighton Manning:
Very solid company…understands the mix of life and work, and does not interfere with that. Mix of young and old within the company…lots of growth potential.
Flexible schedules –they care about keeping employees happy, even offering remote work 2 days a week.
Highly collaborative work environment, where you will work directly with (and learn from) Project Managers, which doesn’t happen at the biggest firms.
A lot of projects are once-in-a-career opportunities…many exciting career-defining projects…big bridge replacements and rotaries – projects that have real positive community impact.
The Company culture is great, everyone is looking out for each other.
Comprehensive, People-Centered Benefits for Total Wellness:
- Excellent, competitive pay based on experience and qualifications
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage options
- Discretionary annual employee bonus
- 401K & Discretionary Profit-Sharing Plan
- Generous PTO
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Paid professional licensing fees
- Paid membership fees in professional organizations
About This Position:
Construction Inspector II should have basic knowledge and be able to inspect basic operations of earthwork, pavement, structural components and utilities. They should also be able to verify simile field testing for material properties, document characteristics of materials and recognize unsafe construction procedures and site conditions, not only for the contractor but the traveling public as well. The Inspector II should be able to identify observed, measured or tested properties and provide accurate and appropriate notes and reports of such. Be able to communicate concerns about acceptability of work and other potential problems to the proper team member in an accurate, professional and timely manner. Work on small projects or portions of larger projects as part of the inspection team. Typical projects include highway, roundabout, traffic signal and bridge.
Essential Job Functions:
- Primary data collector in the field; including quantity tracking and calculations; material truck tickets, material box labels, etc.
- Distinguish different types of soils and aggregates
- Verify the correct WZTC for different lane configurations and scenarios have been placed in accordance with MUTCD and projects plans
- Identify dates of project operations from a basic project schedule
- Write daily reports, compile and maintain documentation related to work overseen
- Inspect environmental components of the plans for compliance
- Identify sampling requirements for materials
- Reliably conduct preplacement inspections
- Inspect compaction methods and test results and determine their acceptability
- Basic knowledge in the inspection of
- Asphalt and Concrete pavements
- Concrete Structure Construction
- Utilities and Incidental Construction
Field experience and successful completion of NICET Level II testing and requirements.
Per NYSDOT policy the following will also be considered as holding a NICET Level II (equivalent):
• Previous employment by NYSDOT as a title SET.
• Associate’s degree in Civil Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology from an ABET/EAC accredited
program or an approved equivalent.
A minimum of twenty (20) months of direct involvement in highway construction inspection or a closely related field and a current NICET Level II certification or approved equivalent. Familiarity of NYSDOT specification and procedures is preferred (but not required). ACI and NETTCP Soils and Aggregate certification or NYSDOT in house training are preferred (but not required). Computer skills are required and knowledge of Site Manager and/or APPIA software is preferred (but not required).
Salary Range: $31.50-$49.44
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Creighton Manning will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, relationship or association with a member of a protected category, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.