Join the CM team…
Are you looking for a collaborative work environment where you can work on exciting and vital transportation projects that transform your community, where each person is valued and work-life balance is key? If so, come join our growing, multidisciplinary team of engineers based in the greater NY Capital Region and Lower Hudson Valley.
This is an exceptional opportunity for personal and career growth through exposure to a wide range of design projects, interaction with highly skilled and motivated colleagues, and team-based training.
With over 50 years of experience in NY’s Capital Region and adjacent areas, our team provides expertise in civil engineering, surveying, and construction inspection– serving public and private clients across 4 main markets: transportation, municipal, land development, and energy.
Come be part of a winning team that leads in excellence, has received 16 different industry awards and accolades for engineering work over the last 7 years across various NY counties, and has been chosen as a 2022 Best Place to Work by the Albany Business Review and a Top Workplace for 4 of the last 7 years by the Times Union, the top news organization in NY’s Capital Region.
Here’s what employees say about working at Creighton Manning:
Very solid company…understands the mix of life and work, and does not interfere with that. Mix of young and old within the company…lots of growth potential.
Flexible schedules –they care about keeping employees happy, even offering remote work 2 days a week.
Highly collaborative work environment, where you will work directly with (and learn from) Project Managers, which doesn’t happen at the biggest firms.
A lot of projects are once-in-a-career opportunities…many exciting career-defining projects…big bridge replacements and rotaries – projects that have real positive community impact.
The Company culture is great, everyone is looking out for each other.
Comprehensive, People-Centered Benefits for Total Wellness:
- Excellent, competitive pay based on experience and qualifications
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage options
- Discretionary annual employee bonus
- 401K & Discretionary Profit-Sharing Plan
- Generous PTO
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Paid professional licensing fees
- Paid membership fees in professional organizations
About This Position:
Construction Inspector IV is qualified to perform their duties under a Professional Engineer and able to act as an authority as delegated by the Professional Engineer in matter in which engineering precedent has been established. This is the highest level of technical certification established by NICET. The Inspector IV should have the knowledge, experience and skills needed to review project plans and specifications. They should have knowledge in the properties of different materials (concrete, soils, asphalt, aggregates, etc.) and be able to identify potential problems. They should be able to develop inspection strategies, schedules and be able to supervise and delegate duties to multiple inspectors on their project team. The Inspector IV should be able to evaluate the contract schedule, budget and contractual obligations and requirements to complete the project on time and within budget. Generally work on large projects with a team of inspectors. Typical projects include highway, roundabout, traffic signal and bridge.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee inspections of critical construction activities
- Develop and manage operation-specific hold-points
- Identify problems during construction procedures/materials, diagnose and recommend remedies
- Review and evaluate baseline schedules
- Review schedule updates and identify if work remains ahead, on or behind schedule and communicate to contractor and sponsor
- Review work completed and verify eligibility for payment
- Review construction costs, estimate remaining cost and compare to authorized project amount
- Interpret project contracts, plans and specifications
- Assign and provide guidance to inspection personnel based on qualifications and project requirements
- Evaluate contract modifications and manage contract Change Orders
- Review wage rates, MWBE, DBE, CUF and EEO reports
- Manage the projects final inspection, acceptance and closeout process
Field experience and successful completion of NICET Level IV testing and requirements.
Per NYSDOT policy the following will also be considered as holding a NICET Level IV (equivalent):
- Previous employment by NYSDOT as a title CE1 or above.
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET/EAC accredited program or an approved equivalent.
A minimum of ten (10) years experience of direct involvement in highway construction inspection or a closely related field and a current NICET Level IV certification or approved equivalent. Familiarity of NYSDOT specifications and procedures is required, including MURK reporting. ACI and NETTCP Soils and Aggregate certification or NYSDOT in house training are preferred (but not required). Computer skills are required and knowledge of Site Manager and/or APPIA software is preferred.
Salary Range: $64.00-$71.00
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Creighton Manning will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, relationship or association with a member of a protected category, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.