Joining the CM team…
Do you value a collaborative working environment – where each person is valued and work-life balance is key … plus you get to work on exciting & vital transportation projects?
If so, Creighton Manning welcomes the opportunity to have you join their multi-disciplined team of engineers in a growing office environment, whether at HQ in the greater Capital region or in the Lower Hudson Valley office.
This position provides an excellent opportunity for personal and career growth through exposure to a wide range of design projects, working closely with highly skilled and motivated colleagues, and team-based training.
Although deliberately not the biggest firm, there’s nothing small about the team’s achievements at Creighton Manning. They’ve received 16 different industry awards and accolades for their engineering work over the last five years across various New York counties. CM’s CDTA River Corridor Bus Rapid Transit project received the 2021 Transportation Project of the Year award from the Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE) New York Upstate Section. The company’s Associate and Transit Group Leader was named the 2021 Transportation Professional of the Year. Further, the firm has been chosen as a Top Workplace for 3 of the last 5 years by the Times Union, the leading news organization in New York’s Capital Region: 2016, 2017, and 2019 Top Workplaces Awards.
What do employees have to say about working at Creighton Manning?
Very solid company…understands the mix of life and work, and does not interfere with that. Mix of young and old within the company…lots of growth potential.
Flexible schedules –they care about keeping employees happy, even offering remote work 2 days a week.
Highly collaborative work environment, where you will work directly with (and learn from) Project Managers, which doesn’t happen at the biggest firms.
A lot of projects are once-in-a-career opportunities…many exciting career-defining projects…big bridge replacements and rotaries – projects that have real positive community impact.
The Company culture is great, everyone is looking out for each other.
With more than 50 years of experience in the New York Capital Region and adjacent areas, Creighton Manning Engineering is a multidisciplinary design firm with expertise in civil engineering, surveying, and construction inspection … serving both public and private clients across four main markets: transportation, municipal, land development, and energy.
- Excellent, competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage options
- Flexible work schedule including WFH policy (2 days/week)
- 401K & Discretionary Profit-Sharing Plan
- Generous PTO
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid life insurance
- Paid membership fees in professional organization
- Bonus perks such as summer BBQs, golf outing, holiday party, and free snacks!
We have immediate openings in the Construction Group for experienced Highway Construction Inspectors NICET Level’s II to IV for upcoming highway and bridge construction projects throughout NYSDOT Region 1 (Albany area), Region 2 (Utica area) and Region 8 (Westchester & Poughkeepsie areas). NICET certification, BS in Engineering or equivalent experience, is required.
- Entry and advance level Construction Inspectors. Work would be under supervision of a senior level Engineer
- Long-term projects with a strong backlog.
- Potential design work available during construction off season.
- Familiarity of NYSDOT specifications & procedures is required, including MURK reporting.
- ACI and NETTCP Soils & Aggregate certification or NYSDOT in house training are preferred (but not required).
- Computer skills are required, and knowledge of Site Manager and/or APPIA software is preferred.
- Inspect and document daily construction activities
- Prepare daily diary/inspection reports and weekly progress reports
- Measure quantities of materials used and work performed
- Construction materials testing of concrete and soils
- Assist in coordination of utilities
- Interpret contract plans and specifications
This position requires the ability to work independently and as part of a team. This position also requires a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
At Creighton Manning, mentoring is part of our DNA. There are opportunities to advance your career, either on the technical track towards Project Manager or into various corporate leadership positions. The company conducts 360 reviews to gather input from peers, as well as managers, to get a complete picture of one’s contributions.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Creighton Manning will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, relationship or association with a member of a protected category, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.