Joining the CM team…
Do you value a collaborative working environment – where each person is valued and work-life balance is key … plus you get to work on exciting & vital transportation projects?
If so, Creighton Manning welcomes the opportunity to have you join their multi-disciplined team of engineers in a growing office environment, whether at HQ in the greater Capital region or in the Lower Hudson Valley office.
This position provides an excellent opportunity for personal and career growth through exposure to a wide range of design projects, working closely with highly skilled and motivated colleagues, and team-based training.
Although deliberately not the biggest firm, there’s nothing small about the team’s achievements at Creighton Manning. They’ve received 16 different industry awards and accolades for their engineering work over the last five years across various New York counties. CM’s CDTA River Corridor Bus Rapid Transit project received the 2021 Transportation Project of the Year award from the Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE) New York Upstate Section. The company’s Associate and Transit Group Leader was named the 2021 Transportation Professional of the Year. Further, the firm has been chosen as a Top Workplace for 3 of the last 5 years by the Times Union, the leading news organization in New York’s Capital Region: 2016, 2017, and 2019 Top Workplaces Awards.
What do employees have to say about working at Creighton Manning?
Very solid company…understands the mix of life and work, and does not interfere with that. Mix of young and old within the company…lots of growth potential.
Flexible schedules –they care about keeping employees happy, even offering remote work 2 days a week.
Highly collaborative work environment, where you will work directly with (and learn from) Project Managers, which doesn’t happen at the biggest firms.
A lot of projects are once-in-a-career opportunities…many exciting career-defining projects…big bridge replacements and rotaries – projects that have real positive community impact.
The Company culture is great, everyone is looking out for each other.
With more than 50 years of experience in the New York Capital Region and adjacent areas, Creighton Manning Engineering is a multidisciplinary design firm with expertise in civil engineering, surveying, and construction inspection … serving both public and private clients across four main markets: transportation, municipal, land development, and energy.
- Excellent, competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage options
- Flexible work schedule including WFH policy (2 days/week)
- 401K & Discretionary Profit-Sharing Plan
- Generous PTO
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid life insurance
- Paid membership fees in professional organization
- Bonus perks such as summer BBQs, golf outing, holiday party, and free snacks!
Creighton Manning has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Highway Design Manager who is looking to take on new challenges and be recognized for their contributions to growing the firm. The ideal candidate will have established relationships in the industry, an entrepreneurial spirit to win new projects, and the technical skills to successfully manage project delivery.
Creighton Manning is a leading transportation engineering firm with an established office in Westchester County. The firm works extensively with NYSDOT and local counties and municipalities on federally funded projects. We are looking for an individual to successfully take the lead in the development of new business opportunities to increase our market share of public sector transportation work in the lower Hudson Valley and support the firm’s overall growth strategy.
This position requires an action-driven professional who can identify, develop, and maintain strategic business relationships with potential clients and teaming partners. This position will work closely with the Branch Manager in Westchester, and the technical Group Leaders based in Albany.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience managing transportation infrastructure design projects in New York State including highway reconstruction or rehabilitation, intersections, trails, and sidewalks
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to manage multiple assignments and meet deadlines
- Strong communication, presentation, and client relation skills – both verbal and written
- A network of public sector clients and contacts in the lower Hudson Valley is a must.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Identify new project opportunities utilizing network connections and market research
- Proactive meetings with potential and current clients
- Collaborate to develop teaming and operational strategies in response to the need of the market or client, including identification and negotiation with potential teaming partners
- Prepare technical proposals, attend interviews, and secure contracts
- Manage projects through implementation, including being responsible for staff and other resource planning
- Attracting and hiring staff to grow the design group
- Attend conferences and networking events, and develop new leads
- Minimum 10 years of Transportation Engineering experience, preferably for a consulting firm
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or a related field
- Licensed Professional Engineer in New York State
- Valid driver’s license to fulfill travel requirements
At Creighton Manning, mentoring is part of our DNA. There are opportunities to advance your career, either on the technical track towards Project Manager or into various corporate leadership positions. The company conducts 360 reviews to gather input from peers, as well as managers, to get a complete picture of one’s contributions.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Creighton Manning will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, relationship or association with a member of a protected category, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.