Joining the CM team…
Do you value a collaborative working environment – where each person is valued and work-life balance is key … plus you get to work on exciting & vital transportation projects?
If so, Creighton Manning welcomes the opportunity to have you join their multi-disciplined team of engineers in a growing office environment, whether at HQ in the greater Capital region or in the Lower Hudson Valley office.
This position provides an excellent opportunity for personal and career growth through exposure to a wide range of design projects, working closely with highly skilled and motivated colleagues, and team-based training.
Although deliberately not the biggest firm, there’s nothing small about the team’s achievements at Creighton Manning. They’ve received 16 different industry awards and accolades for their engineering work over the last five years across various New York counties. CM’s CDTA River Corridor Bus Rapid Transit project received the 2021 Transportation Project of the Year award from the Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE) New York Upstate Section. The company’s Associate and Transit Group Leader was named the 2021 Transportation Professional of the Year. Further, the firm has been chosen as a Top Workplace for 3 of the last 5 years by the Times Union, the leading news organization in New York’s Capital Region: 2016, 2017, and 2019 Top Workplaces Awards.
What do employees have to say about working at Creighton Manning?
Very solid company…understands the mix of life and work, and does not interfere with that. Mix of young and old within the company…lots of growth potential.
Flexible schedules –they care about keeping employees happy, even offering remote work 2 days a week.
Highly collaborative work environment, where you will work directly with (and learn from) Project Managers, which doesn’t happen at the biggest firms.
A lot of projects are once-in-a-career opportunities…many exciting career-defining projects…big bridge replacements and rotaries – projects that have real positive community impact.
The Company culture is great, everyone is looking out for each other.
With more than 50 years of experience in the New York Capital Region and adjacent areas, Creighton Manning Engineering is a multidisciplinary design firm with expertise in civil engineering, surveying, and construction inspection … serving both public and private clients across four main markets: transportation, municipal, land development, and energy.
- Excellent, competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage options
- Flexible work schedule including WFH policy (2 days/week)
- 401K & Discretionary Profit-Sharing Plan
- Generous PTO
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid life insurance
- Paid membership fees in professional organization
- Bonus perks such as summer BBQs, golf outing, holiday party, and free snacks!
Creighton Manning Engineering is looking to fill the position of Senior Land Surveyor in our Lower Hudson Valley, New York Office.
Reporting to the Director of Land Survey, the Licensed Land Surveyor’s primary responsibilities are to manage survey projects, be a hands-on working Surveyor serving as technical lead, and Business Development support.
- Minimum of an associate degree in Land Surveying required or related field (Bachelor of Science Degree preferred).
- Must be licensed or the ability to be licensed in two (2) years to practice Land Surveying in the State of New York (NJ & PA a plus).
- Manage and supervise staff.
- Search legal records, survey records, and land titles to obtain information about property boundaries in areas to be surveyed.
- Strong Civil 3D and advanced GPS post processing software skills, Microstation exp. a plus.
- Prepare and maintain survey records and legal descriptions of property surveys to describe, certify, and assume liability for work performed.
- Direct or conduct surveys to establish legal boundaries for properties, based on legal deeds and titles.
- Prepare or supervise preparation of all data, plots, maps, records, and documents related to surveys.
- Write descriptions of property boundary surveys for use in deeds, easements, leases, or other legal documents.
- Coordinate and communicate findings with the work of engineering and architectural personnel, clients, and others concerned with projects.
- Train Survey Analysts and Technicians and direct their work in such activities as field work and drafting.
- Analyze survey objectives and specifications to prepare survey proposals or to direct others in survey proposal preparation.
- Responsible for QA/QC of maps or PLATS.
- Possess (and maintain) a valid driver’s license with good driving record.
Creighton Manning has a collegial work environment with a focus on employees. We pride ourselves on being flexible to meet our employees’ schedules and enjoy a number of company-sponsored social events. We invest in our employees with in-house training and continuing education, and by providing the latest software and equipment. We believe in open communication and encourage input and creativity from our employees.
Creighton Manning offers a competitive compensation package including a 401(K)-retirement plan (with profit sharing), employer contribution toward health and dental insurance, continuing education assistance, training, membership in professional organizations and more.
Creighton Manning is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Creighton Manning will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, relationship or association with a member of a protected category, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.