Join the CM team…
Are you looking for a collaborative work environment where you can work on exciting and vital transportation projects that transform your community, where each person is valued and work-life balance is key? If so, come join our growing, multidisciplinary team of engineers based in the greater NY Capital Region and Lower Hudson Valley.
This is an exceptional opportunity for personal and career growth through exposure to a wide range of design projects, interaction with highly skilled and motivated colleagues, and team-based training.
With over 50 years of experience in NY’s Capital Region and adjacent areas, our team provides expertise in civil engineering, surveying, and construction inspection– serving public and private clients across 4 main markets: transportation, municipal, land development, and energy.
Come be part of a winning team that leads in excellence, has received 16 different industry awards and accolades for engineering work over the last 7 years across various NY counties, and has been chosen as a 2023 Best Place to Work by the Albany Business Review and a Top Workplace for 4 of the last 7 years by the Times Union, the top news organization in NY’s Capital Region.
Here’s what employees say about working at Creighton Manning:
Very solid company…understands the mix of life and work, and does not interfere with that. Mix of young and old within the company…lots of growth potential.
Flexible schedules –they care about keeping employees happy, even offering remote work 2 days a week.
Highly collaborative work environment, where you will work directly with (and learn from) Project Managers, which doesn’t happen at the biggest firms.
A lot of projects are once-in-a-career opportunities…many exciting career-defining projects…big bridge replacements and rotaries – projects that have real positive community impact.
The Company culture is great, everyone is looking out for each other.
Comprehensive, People-Centered Benefits for Total Wellness:
- Excellent, competitive pay based on experience and qualifications
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage options
- Flexible work schedule including WFH policy (2 days/week)
- Discretionary annual employee bonus
- 401K & Discretionary Profit-Sharing Plan
- Generous PTO
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Paid professional licensing fees
- Paid membership fees in professional organizations
- Bonus perks such as summer BBQs, golf outing, holiday party, and free snacks!
About This Position:
Project Engineer will assist with design development of commercial, institutional and residential related projects. Design experience should include layout, grading, water, wastewater, stormwater and other infrastructure facilities. Occasional field visits for purposes of investigations and construction phase support services.
Essential Job Functions:
- Site design and layout of vehicular and pedestrian circulation, parking and loading.
- Roadway design, including street and sidewalk plans and profiles.
- Utility design, including plans and profiles of water and sanitary sewer services.
- Drainage and stormwater management design in accordance with NYSDEC requirements.
- Grading and erosion control plans.
- Proficiency with AutoCad/Civil 3D to assemble and manage AutoCAD set of design plans.
- Coordinate with subconsultants regarding geotechnical services, landscape and lighting plans.
- Construction administration and observation services.
- Assist with developing application packages to be submitted to municipal board for review that comply with the following:
- SEQR review, including compliance with SEQR procedural requirements.
- State and Federal environmental laws.
- Local zoning, subdivision and land use regulations.
- Local and generally accepted design and engineering standards.
- Consistency with a municipality’s Comprehensive Plan or other relevant Planning reports
- Oversight of entry level Assistant Project Engineers and technicians including, but not limited to, delegation of tasks, promoting quality standards, scheduling and coordinating of project deliverables.
• Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from an ABET accredited institution.
• A Professional Engineer (P.E.) license in New York State or ability to obtain is required.
• 5-10 years of experience in a similar role.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Strong organizational skills are required.
• Proficient with AutoCAD/Civil 3D software preferred.
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work efficiently, both independently and in a team environment.
• Knowledge of construction methods of general excavation, pavement and utility installation.
• Knowledge of federal, state and local permitting and the process involved.
• Ability to verbally present site plans and reports to municipal land-use boards.
• Contribute to a Project Manager’s preparation of proposal scope & fees.
• Knowledge is a plus for hydrologic and hydraulic modeling and design of stormwater management systems.
• Certifications in CPESC and CPSWQ is a plus.
Hourly Salary Range:
Albany – $44/hour – $60/hour
Poughkeepsie – $44/hour – $63/hour
Westchester – White Plains – $47/hour – $66/hour
Pay is based on applicant’s ability/experience and will be rated accordingly.
At Creighton Manning, continuous learning and mentoring are part of our DNA. There are opportunities to advance your career, either on the technical track towards Project Manager or into various corporate leadership positions. Team members get 360 reviews with input from peers and managers, to get a broad picture of their contributions.
Creighton Manning is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Creighton Manning will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, relationship or association with a member of a protected category, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.