Join the CM team…
Are you looking for a collaborative work environment where you can work on exciting and vital transportation projects that transform your community, where each person is valued and work-life balance is key? If so, come join our growing, multidisciplinary team of engineers based in the greater NY Capital Region and Lower Hudson Valley.
This is an exceptional opportunity for personal and career growth through exposure to a wide range of design projects, interaction with highly skilled and motivated colleagues, and team-based training.
With over 50 years of experience in NY’s Capital Region and adjacent areas, our team provides expertise in civil engineering, surveying, and construction inspection– serving public and private clients across 4 main markets: transportation, municipal, land development, and energy.
Come be part of a winning team that leads in excellence, has received 16 different industry awards and accolades for engineering work over the last 7 years across various NY counties, and has been chosen as a 2023 Best Place to Work by the Albany Business Review and a Top Workplace for 4 of the last 7 years by the Times Union, the top news organization in NY’s Capital Region.
Here’s what employees say about working at Creighton Manning:
Very solid company…understands the mix of life and work, and does not interfere with that. Mix of young and old within the company…lots of growth potential.
Flexible schedules –they care about keeping employees happy, even offering remote work 2 days a week.
Highly collaborative work environment, where you will work directly with (and learn from) Project Managers, which doesn’t happen at the biggest firms.
A lot of projects are once-in-a-career opportunities…many exciting career-defining projects…big bridge replacements and rotaries – projects that have real positive community impact.
The Company culture is great, everyone is looking out for each other.
Comprehensive, People-Centered Benefits for Total Wellness:
- Excellent, competitive pay based on experience and qualifications
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage options
- Flexible work schedule including WFH policy (2 days/week)
- Discretionary annual employee bonus
- 401K & Discretionary Profit-Sharing Plan
- Generous PTO
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Paid professional licensing fees
- Paid membership fees in professional organizations
- Bonus perks such as summer BBQs, golf outing, holiday party, and free snacks!
About This Position:
Project Manager functions as a fully competent engineer in all aspects of the subject matter of assignments. Develops and evaluates plans and criteria for a variety of projects and activities to be carried out by Engineer. Design experience should include site layout, grading, water, wastewater, stormwater management and other infrastructure facilities. Prepares proposal scopes and fees. Generally performs as a client-facing consultant and design leader to internal technical staff and external subconsultants. Occasionally requires effort outside normal business hours to attend public meetings or meet a client’s special requests. Occasional field visits for purposes of investigations and construction phase support services.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the day-to-day client relations, design staff and project design schedules.
- Manage design schedules, staff and subconsultants to meet deadlines for project deliverables.
- Lead and coordinate multidiscipline projects.
- Responsible for project document accuracy and conformance with corporate QA/QC program.
- Represent the firm by written communications, verbal presentations, attending business development functions and technical conferences.
- Represent and advocate on behalf of the firm’s clients through verbal presentation of site plans and reports to municipal land-use boards.
- Prepare intermediate and complex proposal scope and fees. Attend proposal interviews and present orally as an individual or among a team.
- Perform sound project financial practices including, but not limited to, the following: consistently prepare monthly invoices, maintain budget controls, procure supplemental funding and collect accounts receivable.
- Understanding of Local zoning, land use regulations, SEQRA process, state and federal permitting processes.
- Train, mentor and provide technical guidance to emerging professional engineers and staff.
- Oversight of entry level staff, technicians and emerging professional engineers including, but not limited to, client relations, delegation of design tasks, promoting quality standards, scheduling and coordinating of project deliverables.
• Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from an ABET accredited institution.
• A Professional Engineer (P.E.) license in New York State is required.
• 7+ years of experience in a similar role.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Strong organizational skills are required.
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Functional manager to staff engineers or technicians.
• Knowledge of construction methods of general excavation, pavement and utility installation.
• Proficiency with AutoCad/Civil 3D is a plus.
• Certifications in LEED, CPESC and CPSWQ is a plus.
• Knowledge is a plus for hydrologic and hydraulic modeling and design of stormwater management systems.
Hourly Salary Range:
Albany – $45/hour – $60/hour
Westchester- White Plains – $49/hour – $72/hour
Pay is based on applicant’s ability/experience and will be rated accordingly.
At Creighton Manning, continuous learning and mentoring are part of our DNA. There are opportunities to advance your career, either on the technical track towards Project Manager or into various corporate leadership positions. Team members get 360 reviews with input from peers and managers, to get a broad picture of their contributions.
Creighton Manning is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Creighton Manning will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, relationship or association with a member of a protected category, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.