Join the CM team…
Are you looking for a collaborative work environment that works on exciting and vital engineering projects that transform your community, where each person is valued and work-life balance is key? If so, come join our growing, multidisciplinary team in the greater NY Capital Region and Lower Hudson Valley.
With over 50 years of experience in NY’s Capital Region and adjacent areas, our team provides expertise in civil engineering, surveying, and construction inspection– serving public and private clients across 4 main markets: transportation, municipal, land development, and energy.
Come be part of a winning team that leads in excellence, has received 16 different industry awards and accolades for engineering work over the last 7 years across various NY counties, and has been chosen as a 2022 Best Place to Work by the Albany Business Review and a Top Workplace by the Times Union, the top news organization in NY’s Capital Region, for 4 of the last 7 years
Comprehensive, People-Centered Benefits for Total Wellness:
- Excellent, competitive pay based on experience and qualifications
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage options
- Discretionary annual employee bonus
- 401K & Discretionary Profit-Sharing Plan
- Generous PTO
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Paid professional licensing fees
- Paid membership fees in professional organizations
- Bonus perks such as summer BBQs, golf outing, holiday party, and free snacks!
About This Position:
The Receptionist works under the general direction of the Administrative Support Manager and is responsible for greeting visitors, and performing various clerical and housekeeping duties to support the efficient operations of the office.
Essential Job Functions:
• Reception: Serve as the first point of contact for visitors and clients who come to the office. Answer and direct incoming phone calls; review and respond to/forward voice mails. Receive and process all incoming/outgoing mail/Fed Ex and UPS packages
• Office supplies and equipment: Order general office supplies, break room and conference room supplies/drinks/coffee, and approved purchases–including letter head, envelopes, labels, customized graph paper and customized rubber stamps for jobs–and maintain office supplies inventory. Ensure cabinets and refrigerators in break room and conference rooms are adequately stocked.
• Meeting Coordination: Coordinate bi-weekly staff meetings. Set-up and break-down
facility for webinars, lunch and learn meetings, and other meetings as requested. Order food delivery for meetings, and set up and break down food/refreshments/etc. Coordinate virtual meeting access (e.g., Zoom, Microsoft Teams, etc.).
• New Hire Onboarding: Prepare office space for new employee including name plate and basic office supplies. Order business cards. Order, log and issue employee logo apparel certificates.
• Record keeping: Maintain active and archived project and proposal files/books/binders. Create binders for new projects, file closed projects in storage and purge projects that no longer need to be retained.
• Equipment Maintenance: Coordinate maintenance for the phone system, copiers, and postage machine, and troubleshoot issues that arise with them. Ensure digital cameras are operable with live batteries and their use is tracked properly.
• Building Maintenance: Submit building maintenance requests, and coordinate building maintenance work.
• Perform various clerical work such as: typing letters, charts, notes, and attendance lists scanning documents; and binding documents.
• Maintain employee break room and conference rooms–including ordering an organizing supplies and light housekeeping.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Excellent customer service skills, including strong interpersonal and written communication skills and ability to build solid working relationships.
- 1-3 years of prior experience in a similar administrative support role required.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multi-task and handle multiple concurrent priorities.
- Proficiency in MS Office required.
Hourly Pay Range:
Creighton Manning is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Creighton Manning will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, relationship or association with a member of a protected category, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.