Join the CM team…
Are you looking for a collaborative work environment where you can work on exciting and vital transportation projects that transform your community, where each person is valued and work-life balance is key? If so, come join our growing, multidisciplinary team of engineers based in the greater NY Capital Region and Lower Hudson Valley.
This is an exceptional opportunity for personal and career growth through exposure to a wide range of design projects, interaction with highly skilled and motivated colleagues, and team-based training.
With over 50 years of experience in NY’s Capital Region and adjacent areas, our team provides expertise in civil engineering, surveying, and construction inspection– serving public and private clients across 4 main markets: transportation, municipal, land development, and energy.
Come be part of a winning team that leads in excellence, has received 16 different industry awards and accolades for engineering work over the last 7 years across various NY counties, and has been chosen as a 2022 Best Place to Work by the Albany Business Review and a Top Workplace for 4 of the last 7 years by the Times Union, the top news organization in NY’s Capital Region.
Here’s what employees say about working at Creighton Manning:
Very solid company…understands the mix of life and work, and does not interfere with that. Mix of young and old within the company…lots of growth potential.
Flexible schedules –they care about keeping employees happy, even offering remote work 2 days a week.
Highly collaborative work environment, where you will work directly with (and learn from) Project Managers, which doesn’t happen at the biggest firms.
A lot of projects are once-in-a-career opportunities…many exciting career-defining projects…big bridge replacements and rotaries – projects that have real positive community impact.
The Company culture is great, everyone is looking out for each other.
Comprehensive, People-Centered Benefits for Total Wellness:
- Excellent, competitive pay based on experience and qualifications
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage options
- Flexible work schedule including WFH policy (2 days/week)
- Discretionary annual employee bonus
- 401K & Discretionary Profit-Sharing Plan
- Generous PTO
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Paid professional licensing fees
- Paid membership fees in professional organizations
- Bonus perks such as summer BBQs, golf outing, holiday party, and free snacks!
About This Position:
Creighton Manning has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Structural Design Manager who is looking to take on new challenges and be recognized for their contributions to growing the firm. The ideal candidate will have established relationships in the industry, an entrepreneurial spirit to win new projects, and the technical skills to successfully manage project delivery.
Creighton Manning is a leading transportation engineering firm with an established office in Westchester County. The firm works extensively with NYSDOT and local counties and municipalities on federally funded projects. We are looking for an individual to successfully take the lead in the development of new business opportunities to increase our market share of public sector transportation work in the lower Hudson Valley and support the firm’s overall growth strategy.
This position requires an action-driven professional who can identify, develop, and maintain strategic business relationships with potential clients and teaming partners. This position will work closely with the Branch Manager in Westchester, and the technical Group Leaders based in Albany.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience managing transportation infrastructure design projects in New York State including culvert and bridge replacement or rehabilitation projects
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to manage multiple assignments and meet deadlines
- Strong communication, presentation, and client relation skills – both verbal and written
- A network of public sector clients and contacts in the lower Hudson Valley is a must.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Identify new project opportunities utilizing network connections and market research
- Proactive meetings with potential and current clients
- Collaborate to develop teaming and operational strategies in response to the need of the market or client, including identification and negotiation with potential teaming partners
- Prepare technical proposals, attend interviews, and secure contracts
- Manage projects through implementation, including being responsible for staff and other resource planning
- Attracting and hiring staff to grow the design group
- Attend conferences and networking events, and develop new leads
Engineer V – (Project Manager Track) functions as a fully competent engineer in all aspects of the subject matter of assignments. Develops and evaluates plans and criteria for a variety of projects and activities to be carried out by Engineer I, II, III and IV’s. Assess the feasibility and soundness of proposal preparation. Generally performs as a staff advisor and consultant as to a technical specialty or a program function. Typical projects include highway design, traffic signal design, long range transportation planning, traffic impact studies, client budget, business development, and transit planning. The Engineer V level often requires efforts outside normal business hours to meet client requests and/or attend meetings.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the day-to-day client relations for individual projects.
- Responsible for the day-to-day staffing and project scheduling.
- Act as a concurrent project manager of many basic projects, a few intermediate projects, and one or two complex projects.
- Review complete project documents for conformity and QA/QC.
- Develop new techniques and/or improved processes, materials, or products.
- Assist senior management and staff as technical specialist and advisor.
- Represent the organization in communications and conferences pertaining to broad-aspects of engineering assignments.
- Train and provide technical guidance to project engineers and staff engineers.
- Manage project schedules and budgets.
- Lead project/public meetings in complex projects.
- Responsible for QA/QC.
- Provide coordination for multidiscipline projects.
- Assist in developing intermediate and complex proposals and attend proposal interviews.
- Prepare bills for projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an ABET/EAC accredited program or an approved equivalent.
- 8 years of experience in a similar engineering role.
- Professional Engineering (P.E.) licensure strongly desired. Engineering experience may be substituted for PE licensure.
- Active member of a professional practice organization.
EXTRAs At Creighton Manning, continuous learning and mentoring are part of our DNA. There are opportunities to advance your career, either on the technical track towards Project Manager or into various corporate leadership positions. Team members get 360 reviews with input from peers and managers, to get a broad picture of their contributions.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Creighton Manning will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, relationship or association with a member of a protected category, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.