Joining the CM team…
Do you value a collaborative working environment – where each person is valued and work-life balance is key … plus you get to work on exciting & vital transportation projects?
If so, Creighton Manning welcomes the opportunity to have you join their multi-disciplined team of engineers in a growing office environment, whether at HQ in the greater Capital region or in the Lower Hudson Valley office.
This position provides an excellent opportunity for personal and career growth through exposure to a wide range of design projects, working closely with highly skilled and motivated colleagues, and team-based training.
Although deliberately not the biggest firm, there’s nothing small about the team’s achievements at Creighton Manning. They’ve received 16 different industry awards and accolades for their engineering work over the last five years across various New York counties. CM’s CDTA River Corridor Bus Rapid Transit project received the 2021 Transportation Project of the Year award from the Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE) New York Upstate Section. The company’s Associate and Transit Group Leader was named the 2021 Transportation Professional of the Year. Further, the firm has been chosen as a Top Workplace for 3 of the last 5 years by the Times Union, the leading news organization in New York’s Capital Region: 2016, 2017, and 2019 Top Workplaces Awards.
What do employees have to say about working at Creighton Manning?
Very solid company…understands the mix of life and work, and does not interfere with that. Mix of young and old within the company…lots of growth potential.
Flexible schedules –they care about keeping employees happy, even offering remote work 2 days a week.
Highly collaborative work environment, where you will work directly with (and learn from) Project Managers, which doesn’t happen at the biggest firms.
A lot of projects are once-in-a-career opportunities…many exciting career-defining projects…big bridge replacements and rotaries – projects that have real positive community impact.
The Company culture is great, everyone is looking out for each other.
With more than 50 years of experience in the New York Capital Region and adjacent areas, Creighton Manning Engineering is a multidisciplinary design firm with expertise in civil engineering, surveying, and construction inspection … serving both public and private clients across four main markets: transportation, municipal, land development, and energy.
- Excellent, competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage options
- Flexible work schedule including WFH policy (2 days/week)
- 401K & Discretionary Profit-Sharing Plan
- Generous PTO
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid life insurance
- Paid membership fees in professional organization
- Bonus perks such as summer BBQs, golf outing, holiday party, and free snacks!
We are seeking an experienced Bridge/Structural Project Engineer and/or Manager to join our consulting firm in Albany, New York.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to prepare or check calculations and/or direct the design procedures of others to ensure that calculations are in accordance with AASHTO and NYSDOT design standards.
- Prepare Design Reports, specifications, plans, studies, permits, and designs for various bridge design projects.
- Develop plan details for bridge replacement and rehabilitation projects in accordance with NYSDOT Standards.
- Work within assigned task scope and budget, and coordinate with client and team to develop effective and efficient solutions.
- Perform structural analysis and/or stability review of existing/new bridges/structures for proposed construction loading and temporary conditions.
- Development of demolition/erection sequence plans; including the stability analysis of the structure during each of the different stages of construction.
- Analysis and design of temporary shoring towers/systems for both gravity and lateral loads.
- Analysis of marine structures and associated appurtenances.
- Design/Detailing of hydraulic jacking and structural lifting systems.
- Development of Crane Pick Plans; including geometry and feasibility studies, Site Logistics, crane sizing and capacity checks, design of load distribution mats, custom rigging.
- Serves as Project Engineer/Manager with autonomy for project related tasks and as a designated client contact. May have responsibilities on multiple projects.
Education / Certifications Required:
- ABET accredited bachelor’s degree in civil or structural engineering.
- Professional Engineering license.
- 5- 10 years of experience in Bridge, Structural and/or Construction Engineering.
- Strong fundamentals in Statics and Structural Analysis is required.
- Proficiency with CADD software (MicroStation and/or AutoCad).
- Proficiency with structural analysis software including; AASHTOWare, RISA, etc.
At Creighton Manning, mentoring is part of our DNA. There are opportunities to advance your career, either on the technical track towards Project Manager or into various corporate leadership positions. The company conducts 360 reviews to gather input from peers, as well as managers, to get a complete picture of one’s contributions.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Creighton Manning will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, relationship or association with a member of a protected category, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.