Join the CM team…
Are you looking for a collaborative work environment where you can work on exciting and vital transportation projects that transform your community, where each person is valued and work-life balance is key? If so, come join our growing, multidisciplinary team of engineers based in the greater NY Capital Region and Lower Hudson Valley.
This is an exceptional opportunity for personal and career growth through exposure to a wide range of design projects, interaction with highly skilled and motivated colleagues, and team-based training.
With over 50 years of experience in NY’s Capital Region and adjacent areas, our team provides expertise in civil engineering, surveying, and construction inspection– serving public and private clients across 4 main markets: transportation, municipal, land development, and energy.
Come be part of a winning team that leads in excellence, has received 16 different industry awards and accolades for engineering work over the last 7 years across various NY counties, and has been chosen as a 2022 Best Place to Work by the Albany Business Review and a Top Workplace for 4 of the last 7 years by the Times Union, the top news organization in NY’s Capital Region.
Here’s what employees say about working at Creighton Manning:
Very solid company…understands the mix of life and work, and does not interfere with that. Mix of young and old within the company…lots of growth potential.
Flexible schedules –they care about keeping employees happy, even offering remote work 2 days a week.
Highly collaborative work environment, where you will work directly with (and learn from) Project Managers, which doesn’t happen at the biggest firms.
A lot of projects are once-in-a-career opportunities…many exciting career-defining projects…big bridge replacements and rotaries – projects that have real positive community impact.
The Company culture is great, everyone is looking out for each other.
Comprehensive, People-Centered Benefits for Total Wellness:
- Excellent, competitive pay based on experience and qualifications
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage options
- Flexible work schedule including WFH policy (2 days/week)
- Discretionary annual employee bonus
- 401K & Discretionary Profit-Sharing Plan
- Generous PTO
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Paid professional licensing fees
- Paid membership fees in professional organizations
- Bonus perks such as summer BBQs, golf outing, holiday party, and free snacks!
About This Position:
We are seeking an experienced Bridge/Structural Project Engineer and/or Project Manager to join our consulting firm in Albany and Westchester New York.
- Ability to prepare or check calculations and/or direct the design procedures of others to ensure that calculations are in accordance with AASHTO and NYSDOT design standards.
- Prepare Design Reports, specifications, plans, studies, permits, and designs for various bridge design projects.
- Develop plan details for bridge replacement and rehabilitation projects in accordance with NYSDOT Standards.
- Work within assigned task scope and budget, and coordinate with client and team to develop effective and efficient solutions.
- Perform structural analysis and/or stability review of existing/new bridges/structures for proposed construction loading and temporary conditions.
- Development of demolition/erection sequence plans; including the stability analysis of the structure during each of the different stages of construction.
- Analysis and design of temporary shoring towers/systems for both gravity and lateral loads.
- Analysis of marine structures and associated appurtenances.
- Design/Detailing of hydraulic jacking and structural lifting systems.
- Development of Crane Pick Plans; including geometry and feasibility studies, Site Logistics, crane sizing and capacity checks, design of load distribution mats, custom rigging.
- Serves as Project Engineer/Manager with autonomy for project related tasks and as a designated client contact. May have responsibilities on multiple projects.
Engineer V – (Project Manager Track) functions as a fully competent engineer in all aspects of the subject matter of assignments. Develops and evaluates plans and criteria for a variety of projects and activities to be carried out by Engineer I, II, III and IV’s. Assess the feasibility and soundness of proposal preparation. Generally performs as a staff advisor and consultant as to a technical specialty or a program function. Typical projects include highway design, traffic signal design, long range transportation planning, traffic impact studies, client budget, business development, and transit planning. The Engineer V level often requires efforts outside normal business hours to meet client requests and/or attend meetings.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the day-to-day client relations for individual projects.
- Responsible for the day-to-day staffing and project scheduling.
- Act as a concurrent project manager of many basic projects, a few intermediate projects, and one or two complex projects.
- Review complete project documents for conformity and QA/QC.
- Develop new techniques and/or improved processes, materials, or products.
- Assist senior management and staff as technical specialist and advisor.
- Represent the organization in communications and conferences pertaining to broad-aspects of engineering assignments.
- Train and provide technical guidance to project engineers and staff engineers.
- Manage project schedules and budgets.
- Lead project/public meetings in complex projects.
- Responsible for QA/QC.
- Provide coordination for multidiscipline projects.
- Assist in developing intermediate and complex proposals and attend proposal interviews.
- Prepare bills for projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an ABET/EAC accredited program or an approved equivalent.
- 8 years of experience in a similar engineering role.
- Professional Engineering (P.E.) licensure strongly desired. Engineering experience may be substituted for PE licensure.
- Active member of a professional practice organization.
Albany and Westchester: $45.00 – $76.94
At Creighton Manning, continuous learning and mentoring are part of our DNA. There are opportunities to advance your career, either on the technical track towards Project Manager or into various corporate leadership positions. Team members get 360 reviews with input from peers and managers, to get a broad picture of their contributions.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Creighton Manning will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, relationship or association with a member of a protected category, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.