Do you value a collaborative working environment – where each person is valued and work-life balance is key … plus you get to work on exciting & vital transportation projects?
If so, Creighton Manning welcomes the opportunity to have you join their multi-disciplined team of engineers in a growing office environment, whether at HQ in the greater Capital region or in the Lower Hudson Valley office.
This position provides an excellent opportunity for personal and career growth through exposure to a wide range of design projects, working closely with highly skilled and motivated colleagues, and team-based training.
With over 50 years of experience in NY’s Capital Region and adjacent areas, our team provides expertise in civil engineering, surveying, and construction inspection– serving public and private clients across 4 main markets: transportation, municipal, land development, and energy.
Come be part of a winning team that leads in excellence, has received 16 different industry awards and accolades for engineering work over the last 7 years across various NY counties, and has been chosen as a 2022 Best Place to Work by the Albany Business Review and a Top Workplace for 4 of the last 7 years by the Times Union, the top news organization in NY’s Capital Region.
What do employees have to say about working at Creighton Manning?
Very solid company…understands the mix of life and work, and does not interfere with that. Mix of young and old within the company…lots of growth potential.
Flexible schedules –they care about keeping employees happy, even offering remote work 2 days a week.
Highly collaborative work environment, where you will work directly with (and learn from) Project Managers, which doesn’t happen at the biggest firms.
A lot of projects are once-in-a-career opportunities…many exciting career-defining projects…big bridge replacements and rotaries – projects that have real positive community impact.
The Company culture is great, everyone is looking out for each other.
· Excellent, competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
· Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage options
· Flexible work schedule including WFH policy (2 days/week)
· 401K & Discretionary Profit-Sharing Plan
· Generous PTO
· Tuition reimbursement
· Paid life insurance
· Paid membership fees in professional organization
· Bonus perks such as summer BBQs, golf outing, holiday party, and free snacks!
About this Job Opportunity:
We are seeking a Survey Technician/Survey Instrument Person in our Poughkeepsie office, to complement our existing Survey Group.
Responsibilities include: Under the general guidance of a Licensed Land Surveyor, adjust and operate surveying instruments, record survey measurements and descriptive data using data collectors, notes, drawings, and sketches. Visit sites to take measurements of the land and collect data for making maps of the existing conditions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform research at various locations for deeds, maps and easements.
- Compile information necessary to stake projects for construction, using engineering plans.
- Position and hold vertical rods, or targets in order to measure angles, distances and elevations.
- Search for property corners and survey points.
- Perform level runs.
- Conduct surveys to ascertain the locations of natural features and human-made structures on the earth’s surface, underground and under water using electronic distance-measuring equipment and other surveying instruments.
- Collect information needed to carry out surveys, using maps, previous survey data, photographs,
- computer records and other relevant information.
- Provide assistance in the development of methods and procedures for conducting field surveys.
- Perform manual labor such as cutting brush for lines, carrying stakes, rebar and other items
- required for surveys.
Qualifications: High School Diploma or Equivalent required. Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S) in Land Surveying Technology or related field preferred. Must have an Associate’s Degree in Surveying or minimum of 1-3 years of experience as a Survey Technician or similar role. Must have a working knowledge of surveying equipment such as total stations, scanners, and data collectors. Must have an understanding of advanced survey technologies, including: Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Global Positioning Systems (GPS). Computer skills, including CAD drafting and design.
Hourly Pay Rate Range: $25.00 –$35.00
Pay is based on applicant’s ability/experience and will be rated accordingly.
At Creighton Manning, mentoring is part of our DNA. There are opportunities to advance your career, either on the technical track towards Project Manager or into various corporate leadership positions. The company conducts 360 reviews to gather input from peers, as well as managers, to get a complete picture of one’s contributions.
Creighton Manning is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Creighton Manning will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, relationship or association with a member of a protected category, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.