Join the CM team…
Are you looking for a collaborative work environment where you can work on exciting and vital transportation projects that transform your community, where each person is valued and work-life balance is key? If so, come join our growing, multidisciplinary team of engineers based in the greater NY Capital Region and Lower Hudson Valley.
This is an exceptional opportunity for personal and career growth through exposure to a wide range of design projects, interaction with highly skilled and motivated colleagues, and team-based training.
With over 50 years of experience in NY’s Capital Region and adjacent areas, our team provides expertise in civil engineering, surveying, and construction inspection– serving public and private clients across 4 main markets: transportation, municipal, land development, and energy.
Come be part of a winning team that leads in excellence, has received 16 different industry awards and accolades for engineering work over the last 7 years across various NY counties, and has been chosen as a 2022 Best Place to Work by the Albany Business Review and a Top Workplace for 4 of the last 7 years by the Times Union, the top news organization in NY’s Capital Region.
Here’s what employees say about working at Creighton Manning:
Very solid company…understands the mix of life and work, and does not interfere with that. Mix of young and old within the company…lots of growth potential.
Flexible schedules –they care about keeping employees happy, even offering remote work 2 days a week.
Highly collaborative work environment, where you will work directly with (and learn from) Project Managers, which doesn’t happen at the biggest firms.
A lot of projects are once-in-a-career opportunities…many exciting career-defining projects…big bridge replacements and rotaries – projects that have real positive community impact.
The Company culture is great, everyone is looking out for each other.
Comprehensive, People-Centered Benefits for Total Wellness:
- Excellent, competitive pay based on experience and qualifications
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage options
- Flexible work schedule including WFH policy (2 days/week)
- Discretionary annual employee bonus
- 401K & Discretionary Profit-Sharing Plan
- Generous PTO
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Paid professional licensing fees
- Paid membership fees in professional organizations
- Bonus perks such as summer BBQs, golf outing, holiday party, and free snacks!
About This Position:
Creighton Manning is seeking an experienced Traffic Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate is passionate about our profession, wants to make a difference in their local community, and builds relationships through client service.
Responsibilities include leading and supporting various traffic and transportation engineering studies and design projects including signal design, safety studies, complete streets planning, impact studies, and special event projects.
Essential Job Functions:
• Perform broader assignments than an Engineer III.
• Plan, schedule, conduct or coordinate detailed phases of engineering work in part of a major project.
• Plan and conduct work requiring some judgment and independent evaluation.
• Apply standard technology and procedures.
• Conduct analysis choosing appropriate applications.
• Anticipate bigger project objectives
• Complete intermediate and limited complex engineering assignments
• Perform cost and quantity estimating.
• Attend project meetings and presents specific aspects of engineering assignments.
• Responsible for report writing for basic projects and some intermediate projects.
• Project engineer of basic projects – staffing, scope, schedule, budget.
• Assume client relations for routine basic projects.
• Provide some delegation and supervision of Engineer III’s and Technicians.
• Provide coordination for multi-discipline projects (intermediate level).
• Receive direction on technical guidance for complex problems.
Additional essential functions for an experienced person in this role:
• Prepares basic proposals including the scope of work, hours planning and estimate of fees.
• Responsible for invoices.
• Responsible for tracking project progress relative to budget expenditures.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an ABET/EAC accredited program or an approved equivalent. Professional Engineering (P.E.) licensure required.
4 years of experience in a similar engineering role required. 5-8 years of professional experience is strongly preferred and PE license (NY) is a plus.
Preferred skills and abilities include:
Proficiency in traffic engineering and modeling software (Synchro).
Applied knowledge of NACTO, MUTCD, ADA, and relevant state DOT design requirements.
Applied knowledge of engineering principles and techniques
Strong analytical, writing, and public speaking skills
MicroStation, AutoCAD, ESRI ArcGIS, Vissim, or Adobe Illustrator skills are a plus.
Hourly Rate Pay Range:
Albany: $ 43.00-$50.00
Westchester: $49.00 – $56.00
At Creighton Manning, continuous learning and mentoring are part of our DNA. There are opportunities to advance your career, either on the technical track towards Project Manager or into various corporate leadership positions. Team members get 360 reviews with input from peers and managers, to get a broad picture of their contributions.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Creighton Manning will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, relationship or association with a member of a protected category, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.