Join the CM team…
Are you looking for a collaborative work environment where you can work on exciting and vital transportation projects that transform your community, where each person is valued and work-life balance is key? If so, come join our growing, multidisciplinary team of engineers based in the greater NY Capital Region and Lower Hudson Valley.
This is an exceptional opportunity for personal and career growth through exposure to a wide range of design projects, interaction with highly skilled and motivated colleagues, and team-based training.
With over 50 years of experience in NY’s Capital Region and adjacent areas, our team provides expertise in civil engineering, surveying, and construction inspection– serving public and private clients across 4 main markets: transportation, municipal, land development, and energy.
Come be part of a winning team that leads in excellence, has received 16 different industry awards and accolades for engineering work over the last 7 years across various NY counties, and has been chosen as a 2022 Best Place to Work by the Albany Business Review and a Top Workplace for 4 of the last 7 years by the Times Union, the top news organization in NY’s Capital Region.
Here’s what employees say about working at Creighton Manning:
Very solid company…understands the mix of life and work, and does not interfere with that. Mix of young and old within the company…lots of growth potential.
Flexible schedules –they care about keeping employees happy, even offering remote work 2 days a week.
Highly collaborative work environment, where you will work directly with (and learn from) Project Managers, which doesn’t happen at the biggest firms.
A lot of projects are once-in-a-career opportunities…many exciting career-defining projects…big bridge replacements and rotaries – projects that have real positive community impact.
The Company culture is great, everyone is looking out for each other.
Comprehensive, People-Centered Benefits for Total Wellness:
- Excellent, competitive pay based on experience and qualifications
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage options
- Flexible work schedule including WFH policy (2 days/week)
- Discretionary annual employee bonus
- 401K & Discretionary Profit-Sharing Plan
- Generous PTO
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Paid professional licensing fees
- Paid membership fees in professional organizations
- Bonus perks such as summer BBQs, golf outing, holiday party, and free snacks!
About This Position:
Creighton Manning is seeking an experienced Transportation Planner/Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about our profession, wants to make a difference in their local community and strives to enhance our team’s reputation as transportation professionals.
Responsibilities include: Assist in the development of planning studies, reports, reviews and evaluation of routine and conventional plans, with relatively few complex elements under the general guidance of senior staff. Work on small projects or portions of larger projects. Typical projects include traffic, transportation, and transit planning. Often requires effort outside normal business hours to meet client requests and/or attend meetings.
Essential Job Functions:
• Primary data collector in the field.
• Arrange and oversee data collection.
• Perform specific portions of a broader assignment of an experienced planner or engineer.
• Perform basic GIS mapping and analyses under the supervision of an experienced planner or engineer.
• Prepares and presents detailed reports, maps, drawings and visual aids.
• Attend meetings with senior staff.
• Responsible for writing report sections.
• Responsible for basic QA/QC tasks; review of own work, as well as reviewing the work of entry level Planners and Technicians.
• Coordination with municipalities/agencies regarding data and scheduling, etc.
• Assists at various meetings including public and client meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in planning or a related field.
- Basic knowledge of planning principles and practices.
- AICP Certification is preferred.
- Member of a professional practice organization.
Hourly Salary Range:
Albany: $28/hour – $34.50/hour
Syracuse: $28/hour – $34.50/hour
Westchester – White Plains: $33/hour – $40/hour
Pay is based on applicant’s ability/experience and will be rated accordingly.
At Creighton Manning, continuous learning and mentoring are part of our DNA. There are opportunities to advance your career, either on the technical track towards Project Manager or into various corporate leadership positions. Team members get 360 reviews with input from peers and managers, to get a broad picture of their contributions.
Creighton Manning is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Creighton Manning will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, relationship or association with a member of a protected category, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.