Join the CM team…
Are you looking for a collaborative work environment where you can work on exciting and vital transportation projects that transform your community, where each person is valued and work-life balance is key? If so, come join our growing, multidisciplinary team of engineers based in the greater NY Capital Region and Lower Hudson Valley.
This is an exceptional opportunity for personal and career growth through exposure to a wide range of design projects, interaction with highly skilled and motivated colleagues, and team-based training.
With over 50 years of experience in NY’s Capital Region and adjacent areas, our team provides expertise in civil engineering, surveying, and construction inspection– serving public and private clients across 4 main markets: transportation, municipal, land development, and energy.
Come be part of a winning team that leads in excellence, has received 16 different industry awards and accolades for engineering work over the last 7 years across various NY counties, and has been chosen as a 2022 Best Place to Work by the Albany Business Review and a Top Workplace for 4 of the last 7 years by the Times Union, the top news organization in NY’s Capital Region.
Here’s what employees say about working at Creighton Manning:
Very solid company…understands the mix of life and work, and does not interfere with that. Mix of young and old within the company…lots of growth potential.
Flexible schedules –they care about keeping employees happy, even offering remote work 2 days a week.
Highly collaborative work environment, where you will work directly with (and learn from) Project Managers, which doesn’t happen at the biggest firms.
A lot of projects are once-in-a-career opportunities…many exciting career-defining projects…big bridge replacements and rotaries – projects that have real positive community impact.
The Company culture is great, everyone is looking out for each other.
Comprehensive, People-Centered Benefits for Total Wellness:
- Excellent, competitive pay based on experience and qualifications
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage options
- Flexible work schedule including WFH policy (2 days/week)
- Discretionary annual employee bonus
- 401K & Discretionary Profit-Sharing Plan
- Generous PTO
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Paid professional licensing fees
- Paid membership fees in professional organizations
- Bonus perks such as summer BBQs, golf outing, holiday party, and free snacks!
About This Position:
Creighton Manning is seeking an experienced Transportation Planner/Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about our profession, wants to make a difference in their local community and strives to enhance our team’s reputation as transportation professionals.
Responsibilities include: Lead key transportation planning and design project assignments, involving day-to-day task management, staffing, scheduling and technical responsibilities, along with client coordination. Project responsibilities are flexible and based on the candidates experience, passion and location. The position may require efforts outside normal business hours to travel, meet client requests and/or attend meetings. A background and an interest in improving the public transportation system is a plus.
Essential Job Functions:
• Performs broader assignments than a Planner I.
• Plan, schedule, conduct or coordinate detailed phases of planning work in part of a major project.
• Apply planning principles and practices.
• Conduct analysis using appropriate applications.
• Anticipate bigger project objectives.
• Complete intermediate and limited complex planning assignments.
• Attend project meetings and present specific aspects of planning assignments.
• Writes and presents basic reports, working papers, and correspondence; and some intermediate.
• Provide some delegation and supervision of Junior Planners and Technicians.
• Provide project coordination (intermediate level).
• Receive direction on technical guidance for complex tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in planning or a related field.
- Four years of professional planning experience, or a master’s degree in planning or related field and two years of professional planning experience.
- AICP Certification is preferred.
- Member of a professional practice organization.
- Well-developed knowledge of planning principles and practices. In depth knowledge one or more planning disciplines, such as land use planning/zoning, or transportation planning.
At Creighton Manning, continuous learning and mentoring are part of our DNA. There are opportunities to advance your career, either on the technical track towards Project Manager or into various corporate leadership positions. Team members get 360 reviews with input from peers and managers, to get a broad picture of their contributions.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Creighton Manning will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, relationship or association with a member of a protected category, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.