CDTA River Corridor Bus Rapid Transit (BRT)
Albany and Rensselaer Counties, New York
Creighton Manning was the lead engineer for the multi-disciplinary team for the planning and design of the Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) service along the Capital Region River Corridor. This BusPlus Blue Line corridor extends 15-miles along the Hudson River connecting Albany, Cohoes, Menands, Troy, Waterford and Watervliet and has a growing employment base with more than 2 million boardings annually. The implementation of the BusPlus Blue Line will reduce traffic congestion and stimulate economic development while reducing parking demand in Albany and Troy.
This project included the following:
- Planning and design for bus rapid transit (BRT)
- Thirty-two BRT stations
- New Transit Center
- Bus Garage Expansion
- FTA Capital Investment Grant (CIG) Small Starts program management
- Survey and basemapping
- NEPA and State environmental review processes
- Right-of-way incidental and acquisition phases
- Bus priority improvements (TSP and Queue Jumpers)
Click on images for a larger view.