Are you interested in joining one of the top 10 engineering firms in the Capital Region? Creighton Manning is recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in the Capital Region by the Albany Business Review and recognized by CE News as one of the top Civil Engineering firms to work for.
Creighton Manning has a collegial work environment with a focus on employees. We pride ourselves on being flexible to meet our employees’ schedules and enjoy a number of company-sponsored social events. We invest in our employees with in-house training and continuing education, and by providing the latest software and equipment. We believe in open communication and encourage input and creativity from our employees.
Creighton Manning offers a competitive compensation package including a 401(K) retirement plan (with profit sharing), employer contribution toward health and dental insurance, continuing education assistance, training, membership in professional organizations and more. Creighton Manning is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Please select from the list below to learn more about the career opportunities and positions that are currently available:
- Entry and advance level Construction Inspectors. Work would be under supervision of a senior level Engineer
- Long-term projects with a strong backlog.
- Potential design work available during construction off season.
- Familiarity of NYSDOT specifications & procedures is required, including MURK reporting.
- ACI and NETTCP Soils & Aggregate certification or NYSDOT in house training are preferred (but not required).
- Computer skills are required, and knowledge of Site Manager and/or APPIA software is preferred.
- Inspect and document daily construction activities
- Prepare daily diary/inspection reports and weekly progress reports
- Measure quantities of materials used and work performed
- Construction materials testing of concrete and soils
- Assist in coordination of utilities
- Interpret contract plans and specifications
This position requires the ability to work independently and as part of a team. This position also requires a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Specific responsibilities and qualifications include:
- Developing roadway, trail and sidewalk designs
- Intersection design and layout including roundabouts and traffic signals
- Checking design calculations prepared by others
- Preparation of construction contract documents
- Project coordination, report writing and estimating
- Direct coordination with clients
- Working knowledge of the NYSDOT Highway Design Manual
- Proficiency with Microstation, Inroads and AutoTurn
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering (BSCE) required. Professional Engineer (P.E.) license preferred.
Creighton Manning offers a competitive benefits package, paid time off and flexible work schedule.
All interested candidates should send in a cover letter and resume to include salary requirements and availability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to prepare or check calculations and/or direct the design procedures of others to ensure that calculations are in accordance with AASHTO and NYSDOT design standards.
- Prepare Design Reports, specifications, plans, studies, permits, and designs for various bridge design projects.
- Develop plan details for bridge replacement and rehabilitation projects in accordance with NYSDOT Standards.
- Work within assigned task scope and budget, and coordinate with client and team to develop effective and efficient solutions.
- Perform structural analysis and/or stability review of existing/new bridges/structures for proposed construction loading and temporary conditions.
- Development of demolition/erection sequence plans; including the stability analysis of the structure during each of the different stages of construction.
- Analysis and design of temporary shoring towers/systems for both gravity and lateral loads.
- Analysis of marine structures and associated appurtenances.
- Design/Detailing of hydraulic jacking and structural lifting systems.
- Development of Crane Pick Plans; including geometry and feasibility studies, Site Logistics, crane sizing and capacity checks, design of load distribution mats, custom rigging.
- Serves as Project Engineer/Manager with autonomy for project related tasks and as a designated client contact. May have responsibilities on multiple projects.
Education / Certifications Required:
- ABET accredited bachelor’s degree in civil or structural engineering.
- Professional Engineering license.
- 5- 10 years of experience in Bridge, Structural and/or Construction Engineering.
- Strong fundamentals in Statics and Structural Analysis is required.
- Proficiency with CADD software (MicroStation and/or AutoCad).
- Proficiency with structural analysis software including; AASHTOWare, RISA, etc.
This position will focus on planning and feasibility studies related to transit focused projects. Responsibilities may also include lead or support role on various multi-modal transportation planning studies and area-wide plans, public involvement, safety studies, transit planning, special events, and traffic engineering and impact studies. Strong analytical, graphic, writing and public speaking skills are required. Experience is preferred in the skillsets and software: mapping skills (GIS, CARTO, Social Explorer), data analysis & visualization skills (Excel, Sheets, Macros, Power BI, Tableau), visual skills (InDesign, Illustrator, WordPress)
Qualified candidates should have at least three (3) years of experience. Bachelor’s Degree in Planning, Engineering, or equivalent is required, with a master’s degree preferred. Professional certification as AICP, or license preferred.
Click here to apply online.
- Lead intermediate and limited complex transportation planning and/or engineering assignments in this field.
- Lead or assist with multidisciplinary projects involving architecture, mechanical and structural engineering disciplines.
- Prepare conceptual plans, graphics and documents.
- Lead project and/or public meetings.
- Responsible for report writing for all related projects.
- Assist Sector Lead as technical specialist or advisor.
- Represent the organization in communications and conferences pertaining to broad-aspects of Public Transportation related planning and/or engineering assignments.
- Assume client relations and financial responsibilities for routine projects.
- Develop and/or review project documents for scope, conformity and quality.
- Communicate with Sector Lead and Project Managers on a daily basis.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in planning or engineering from an ABET/EAC accredited program or an approved equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role.
- A professional license and/or certifications in related planning and engineering disciplines. (AICP, PE)
- The candidate must have experience working on public transportation projects in some capacity.
- Minimum of 4 years in a position of responsibility as a crew chief.
- Experience in surveying with Leica robotic total stations, data collectors with Carlson SurvCE and Captivate Software, and GPS systems.
- Experience in performing boundary surveys, topographic surveys, ALTA surveys and construction stakeout.
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil 3D software.
- Ability to work as part of a two-person crew or one person crew in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and clients in a professional manner.
This opening may be filled in our Albany, NY, or Ossining, NY office.
Responsibilities include lead or support role on various traffic engineering assignments including impact studies, safety studies, multi-modal transportation planning, engineering, and design. Strong analytical, writing, and public speaking skills are desired along with proficiency in traffic engineering and modeling software (Synchro and Vissim). Related tools including GIS and Adobe Illustrator are a plus.
Qualified candidates should have 5 to 7 years of experience with a bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field.
Reporting to the Director of Land Surveyor, the Project Land Surveyor’s primary responsibilities are to manage land survey projects, serve as technical lead, and supervise staff for assigned projects.
- Minimum of an associate degree in Land Surveying required or related field (Bachelor of Science Degree preferred).
- Must be licensed or the ability to be licensed in two (2) years to practice Land Surveying in the State of New York (NJ & PA a plus).
- Manage and supervise staff.
- Search legal records, survey records, and land titles to obtain information about property boundaries in areas to be surveyed.
- Strong Civil 3D and advanced GPS post processing software skills.
- Prepare and maintain survey records and legal descriptions of property surveys to describe, certify, and assume liability for work performed.
- Direct or conduct surveys to establish legal boundaries for properties, based on legal deeds and titles.
- Prepare or supervise preparation of all data, plots, maps, records, and documents related to surveys.
- Write descriptions of property boundary surveys for use in deeds, easements, leases, or other legal documents.
- Coordinate and communicate findings with the work of engineering and architectural personnel, clients, and others concerned with projects.
- Train Survey Analysts and Technicians and direct their work in such activities as performing surveys or drafting maps.
- Analyze survey objectives and specifications to prepare survey proposals or to direct others in survey proposal preparation.
- Responsible for QA/QC of maps or PLATS.
- Assemble and produce responses to requests for proposals, qualifications packages, and presentations. Tasks include development of proposal outlines, writing and editing proposal content, graphics and layout, and final production of materials.
- Develop and write content for promotional and information marketing materials including, but not limited to, brochures, social media and website.
- Produce and maintain current employee resumes, project descriptions, and marketing collateral.
- Proof and edit technical and non-technical documents to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Maintain and update various administrative and marketing databases, logs, and calendars.
- Promote and support company branding efforts and ensure that all documents comply with our brand style and format (logo, color, etc.).
- Undertake special projects to advance marketing and business development initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, English or related field.
- Excellent writing, editing and grammar skills with a high level attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Word.)
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple initiatives and deadlines.
- Understanding of basic marketing principles.
- Experience in Social Media Platforms – LinkedIn, Instagram, and Facebook.
- Experience in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Microsoft Publisher.
- Knowledge of database concepts.
Click here to apply online.
In order to be successful in this position you should be detail-oriented, professional and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Office Administrator Responsibilities:
- Welcoming visitors and directing them to the relevant office/personnel.
- Carrying out clerical duties such as answering phone calls, responding to emails, and preparing documents, including office correspondence, memos, and presentations.
- Coordinating and managing appointments, meetings, and the conference room schedule in order to prevent duplicate bookings.
- Performing light bookkeeping tasks such as invoicing, monitoring accounts receivable, and budget tracking.
- Maintaining general office files, including job files, vendor files, and other files related to the company’s operations.
- Purchasing office supplies, equipment, and furniture.
- Overseeing the maintenance of office facilities, equipment, and cleaning the common areas.
- Performing other relevant duties when needed.
Office Administrator Requirements:
- High school diploma or an associate’s degree in business, administration, or a related field.
- 2 or more years’ office administration experience.
- Proficient in a variety of computer software applications including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access).
- Comfortable handling confidential information.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
This is a non-benefit eligible position.
Click here to apply online.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Creighton Manning will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, relationship or association with a member of a protected category, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.