Are you interested in joining one of the top 10 engineering firms in the Capital Region? Creighton Manning is recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in the Capital Region by the Albany Business Review and recognized by CE News as one of the top Civil Engineering firms to work for.
Creighton Manning has a collegial work environment with a focus on employees. We pride ourselves on being flexible to meet our employees’ schedules and enjoy a number of company-sponsored social events. We invest in our employees with in-house training and continuing education, and by providing the latest software and equipment. We believe in open communication and encourage input and creativity from our employees.
Creighton Manning offers a competitive compensation package including a 401(K) retirement plan (with profit sharing), employer contribution toward health and dental insurance, continuing education assistance, training, membership in professional organizations and more. Creighton Manning is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Please select from the list below to learn more about the career opportunities and positions that are currently available:
- Entry and advance level Construction Inspectors. Work would be under supervision of a senior level Engineer
- Long-term projects with a strong backlog.
- Potential design work available during construction off season.
- Familiarity of NYSDOT specifications & procedures is required, including MURK reporting.
- ACI and NETTCP Soils & Aggregate certification or NYSDOT in house training are preferred (but not required).
- Computer skills are required, and knowledge of Site Manager and/or APPIA software is preferred.
- Inspect and document daily construction activities
- Prepare daily diary/inspection reports and weekly progress reports
- Measure quantities of materials used and work performed
- Construction materials testing of concrete and soils
- Assist in coordination of utilities
- Interpret contract plans and specifications
This position requires the ability to work independently and as part of a team. This position also requires a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Specific responsibilities and qualifications include:
- Developing roadway, trail and sidewalk designs
- Intersection design and layout including roundabouts and traffic signals
- Checking design calculations prepared by others
- Preparation of construction contract documents
- Project coordination, report writing and estimating
- Direct coordination with clients
- Working knowledge of the NYSDOT Highway Design Manual
- Proficiency with Microstation, Inroads and AutoTurn
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering (BSCE) required. Professional Engineer (P.E.) license preferred.
Creighton Manning offers a competitive benefits package, paid time off and flexible work schedule.
All interested candidates should send in a cover letter and resume to include salary requirements and availability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to prepare or check calculations and/or direct the design procedures of others to ensure that calculations are in accordance with AASHTO and NYSDOT design standards.
- Prepare Design Reports, specifications, plans, studies, permits, and designs for various bridge design projects.
- Develop plan details for bridge replacement and rehabilitation projects in accordance with NYSDOT Standards.
- Work within assigned task scope and budget, and coordinate with client and team to develop effective and efficient solutions.
- Perform structural analysis and/or stability review of existing/new bridges/structures for proposed construction loading and temporary conditions.
- Development of demolition/erection sequence plans; including the stability analysis of the structure during each of the different stages of construction.
- Analysis and design of temporary shoring towers/systems for both gravity and lateral loads.
- Analysis of marine structures and associated appurtenances.
- Design/Detailing of hydraulic jacking and structural lifting systems.
- Development of Crane Pick Plans; including geometry and feasibility studies, Site Logistics, crane sizing and capacity checks, design of load distribution mats, custom rigging.
- Serves as Project Engineer/Manager with autonomy for project related tasks and as a designated client contact. May have responsibilities on multiple projects.
Education / Certifications Required:
- ABET accredited bachelor’s degree in civil or structural engineering.
- Professional Engineering license.
- 5- 10 years of experience in Bridge, Structural and/or Construction Engineering.
- Strong fundamentals in Statics and Structural Analysis is required.
- Proficiency with CADD software (MicroStation and/or AutoCad).
- Proficiency with structural analysis software including; AASHTOWare, RISA, etc.
Responsibilities include lead or support role on various multi-modal transportation planning studies and area-wide plans, public involvement, safety studies, transit planning, special events, and traffic engineering and impact studies. Strong analytical, graphic, concept design, writing and public speaking skills are desired along with proficiency in tools of the trade – including GIS, Illustrator and traffic modeling software.
Qualified candidates should have 4 to 10 years of experience. Bachelor’s Degree in Planning, Engineering, or equivalent is required. Professional certification as AICP, or license preferred.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Creighton Manning will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, relationship or association with a member of a protected category, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.