Are you interested in joining one of the top 10 engineering firms in the Capital Region? Creighton Manning is recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in the Capital Region by the Albany Business Review and recognized by CE News as one of the top Civil Engineering firms to work for.
Creighton Manning offers a competitive compensation package including a 401(K) retirement plan (with profit sharing), employer contribution toward health and dental insurance, continuing education assistance, training, membership in professional organizations and more.
We prioritize the health and well-being of our incredible teams, and are proud to offer holistic wellness programming for our employees, and their families, through BurnAlong. The program includes online access to 10,000+ live and on-demand classes on physical, emotional, and financial wellness with personalized class recommendations, exclusive live sessions with your team, or company-wide challenges.
Creighton Manning is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Please select from the list below to learn more about the career opportunities and positions that are currently available:
- Entry and advance level Construction Inspectors. Work would be under supervision of a senior level Engineer
- Long-term projects with a strong backlog.
- Potential design work available during construction off season.
- Familiarity of NYSDOT specifications & procedures is required, including MURK reporting.
- ACI and NETTCP Soils & Aggregate certification or NYSDOT in house training are preferred (but not required).
- Computer skills are required, and knowledge of Site Manager and/or APPIA software is preferred.
- Inspect and document daily construction activities
- Prepare daily diary/inspection reports and weekly progress reports
- Measure quantities of materials used and work performed
- Construction materials testing of concrete and soils
- Assist in coordination of utilities
- Interpret contract plans and specifications
This position requires the ability to work independently and as part of a team. This position also requires a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Specific responsibilities and qualifications include:
- Developing roadway, trail and sidewalk designs
- Intersection design and layout including roundabouts and traffic signals
- Checking design calculations prepared by others
- Preparation of construction contract documents
- Project coordination, report writing and estimating
- Direct coordination with clients
- Working knowledge of the NYSDOT Highway Design Manual
- Proficiency with Microstation, Inroads and AutoTurn
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering (BSCE) required. Professional Engineer (P.E.) license preferred.
Creighton Manning offers a competitive benefits package, paid time off and flexible work schedule.
All interested candidates should send in a cover letter and resume to include salary requirements and availability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to prepare or check calculations and/or direct the design procedures of others to ensure that calculations are in accordance with AASHTO and NYSDOT design standards.
- Prepare Design Reports, specifications, plans, studies, permits, and designs for various bridge design projects.
- Develop plan details for bridge replacement and rehabilitation projects in accordance with NYSDOT Standards.
- Work within assigned task scope and budget, and coordinate with client and team to develop effective and efficient solutions.
- Perform structural analysis and/or stability review of existing/new bridges/structures for proposed construction loading and temporary conditions.
- Development of demolition/erection sequence plans; including the stability analysis of the structure during each of the different stages of construction.
- Analysis and design of temporary shoring towers/systems for both gravity and lateral loads.
- Analysis of marine structures and associated appurtenances.
- Design/Detailing of hydraulic jacking and structural lifting systems.
- Development of Crane Pick Plans; including geometry and feasibility studies, Site Logistics, crane sizing and capacity checks, design of load distribution mats, custom rigging.
- Serves as Project Engineer/Manager with autonomy for project related tasks and as a designated client contact. May have responsibilities on multiple projects.
Education / Certifications Required:
- ABET accredited bachelor’s degree in civil or structural engineering.
- Professional Engineering license.
- 5- 10 years of experience in Bridge, Structural and/or Construction Engineering.
- Strong fundamentals in Statics and Structural Analysis is required.
- Proficiency with CADD software (MicroStation and/or AutoCad).
- Proficiency with structural analysis software including; AASHTOWare, RISA, etc.
- Minimum of 4 years in a position of responsibility as a crew chief.
- Experience in surveying with Leica robotic total stations, data collectors with Carlson SurvCE and Captivate Software, and GPS systems.
- Experience in performing boundary surveys, topographic surveys, ALTA surveys and construction stakeout.
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil 3D software.
- Ability to work as part of a two-person crew or one person crew in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and clients in a professional manner.
- To lead or have a support role on various traffic and transportation engineering assignments including safety studies, multi-modal transportation planning, impact studies, special event projects, engineering, and design for public and private sector clients.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong analytical, writing, and public speaking skills
- Proficiency in traffic engineering and modeling software (Synchro and Vissim).
- GIS and Adobe Illustrator are a plus.
- BS in Civil Engineering or approved equivalent required, MS a plus
- 5+ years of professional traffic engineering experience
- PE licensure NY a plus
Reporting to the Director of Land Surveyor, the Project Land Surveyor’s primary responsibilities are to manage land survey projects, serve as technical lead, and supervise staff for assigned projects.
- Minimum of an associate degree in Land Surveying required or related field (Bachelor of Science Degree preferred).
- Must be licensed or the ability to be licensed in two (2) years to practice Land Surveying in the State of New York (NJ & PA a plus).
- Manage and supervise staff.
- Search legal records, survey records, and land titles to obtain information about property boundaries in areas to be surveyed.
- Strong Civil 3D and advanced GPS post processing software skills.
- Prepare and maintain survey records and legal descriptions of property surveys to describe, certify, and assume liability for work performed.
- Direct or conduct surveys to establish legal boundaries for properties, based on legal deeds and titles.
- Prepare or supervise preparation of all data, plots, maps, records, and documents related to surveys.
- Write descriptions of property boundary surveys for use in deeds, easements, leases, or other legal documents.
- Coordinate and communicate findings with the work of engineering and architectural personnel, clients, and others concerned with projects.
- Train Survey Analysts and Technicians and direct their work in such activities as performing surveys or drafting maps.
- Analyze survey objectives and specifications to prepare survey proposals or to direct others in survey proposal preparation.
- Responsible for QA/QC of maps or PLATS.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Creighton Manning will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, relationship or association with a member of a protected category, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.