Are you interested in joining one of the top 10 engineering firms in the Capital Region? Creighton Manning is recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in the Capital Region by the Albany Business Review and recognized by CE News as one of the top Civil Engineering firms to work for.
Creighton Manning has a collegial work environment with a focus on employees. We pride ourselves on being flexible to meet our employees’ schedules and enjoy a number of company-sponsored social events. We invest in our employees with in-house training and continuing education, and by providing the latest software and equipment. We believe in open communication and encourage input and creativity from our employees.
Creighton Manning offers a competitive compensation package including a 401(K) retirement plan (with profit sharing), employer contribution toward health and dental insurance, continuing education assistance, training, membership in professional organizations and more. Creighton Manning is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Please select from the list below to learn more about the career opportunities and positions that are currently available:
- Entry and advance level Construction Inspectors. Work would be under supervision of a senior level Engineer
- Long-term projects with a strong backlog.
- Potential design work available during construction off season.
- Familiarity of NYSDOT specifications & procedures is required, including MURK reporting.
- ACI and NETTCP Soils & Aggregate certification or NYSDOT in house training are preferred (but not required).
- Computer skills are required, and knowledge of Site Manager and/or APPIA software is preferred.
- Inspect and document daily construction activities
- Prepare daily diary/inspection reports and weekly progress reports
- Measure quantities of materials used and work performed
- Construction materials testing of concrete and soils
- Assist in coordination of utilities
- Interpret contract plans and specifications
This position requires the ability to work independently and as part of a team. This position also requires a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Responsibilities include: site and highway design and layout, checking design calculations, storm water design, project coordination, report writing and estimating. Proficiency with either AutoCAD or Microstation, Inroads and AutoTurn a plus, but not required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering (BSCE) required.
We are seeking a qualified engineer with 4-10 years’ experience to become a part of our growing Highway Design Group. Our highway engineers work on a variety of projects and interact with traffic engineers, structure engineers and our construction inspection staff.
Specific responsibilities and qualifications include:
- Developing roadway, trail and sidewalk designs
- Intersection design and layout including roundabouts and traffic signals
- Checking design calculations prepared by others
- Preparation of construction contract documents
- Project coordination, report writing and estimating
- Working knowledge of the NYSDOT Highway Design Manual
- Proficiency with Microstation, Inroads and AutoTurn
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering (BSCE) required. Professional Engineer (P.E.) license preferred, but not required.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Creighton Manning will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, relationship or association with a member of a protected category, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.